At Moon Willow Press, we are committed to providing our customers and members with exceptional service. As providing this service involves the collection, use, and disclosure of some personal information about our clients, customers, and members, protecting their personal information is one of our highest priorities.
While we have always respected our customers’ and members’ privacy and safeguarded their personal information, we have strengthened our commitment to protecting personal information as a result of British Columbia’s Personal Information Protection Act (PIPA). PIPA, which came into effect on January 1, 2004, sets out the ground rules for how B.C. businesses and not-for-profit organizations may collect, use and disclose personal information.
Moon Willow Press does not collect or use personal information except for in the following situations:
- Voluntary names and emails given when joining in efforts for our tree-planting tally and wanting to be listed among those who also helped to plant trees
- Personal identification and contact for delivery of books and/or responding to help requests
- Voluntary participation in our summer reading program (i.e. name of winner is announced)
- Voluntary participation in our mailing list sign-up
- Names when commenting on blog posts