Note that these services are on hold until further notice.
Part of Moon Willow press’s philosophy is to celebrate the written word. I believe that everyone has a story to tell. If you’ve read Carlos Ruiz Zafón’s Shadow of the Wind, you might remember his vast library of forgotten books. When reading the novel I was struck by so many lost books existing in one secret place as well as the powerful legacy left by thousands of seemingly unknown authors. I’m not trying to analogize that your book will become lost–even the secret library in Zafón’s novel was attended to respectfully by a few initiates–but that your words have the potential to become just as valuable. That’s where I come in. My goal is to ensure that your book is up to par so that your reader won’t be stumbling over grammatical errors while trying to enjoy and celebrate your written word.
I offer the following:
- BA in English/professional writing: I have a very strong background in literature and language.
- Two decades of editorial experience, including fiction, prose, web, and technical editing. I worked at Macmillan Publishing as a managing editor and was editor-in-chief for a decade at Jack Magazine, which was selected to be forever preserved at Stanford University’s archival project.
- Low rates. Scroll down to see my editorial rates; they range from $5.00 to $20.00 cheaper per hour than most other editorial houses.
- Personal attention without the corporate feel.
- Services include anything from proofreading a simple brochure to editing web content to organizing how-to manuals to helping you clean up your novel.
- Flexible scheduling available, plus a contract to protect both author and editor.
- Vancouver-based (BC) but will work globally–English only.
|Editing, basic copyediting||5-10 ms pgs/hr||$25-30/hr|
|Editing, heavy copyediting||2–5 ms pgs/hr||$30–40/hr|
|Editing, website copyediting||$30-45/hr|
|Editing, developmental||1–5 pgs/hr||$25–40/hr|
|Editing, substantive or line||1–6 ms pgs/hr||$30–45/hr|
|Index||8-20 pr pg/hr||$30-45/hr|
Note: If you are interested in submitting a book to be published, that’s a whole different ballgame! Please see our submission guidelines. I expect books to be edited professionally prior to submission. Also, hiring me as an editor for your book doesn’t mean that I will publish your book. Please be aware that our publishing and editorial services are completely separate.