- The publisher has issued a Statement of Solidarity, standing and marching for human rights as well as scientific integrity.
- Green Reads: Excerpts is our newest project; we are working with authors and publishers to freely promote environmental or nature writing in the form of fiction, nonfiction, prose, and graphic novels. Please see the site for submission requirements.
- MWP is proud to announce that we are working with author Annis Pratt to publish volume IV of her Infinite Game series: The Battle for the Black Fen. Coming in the summer of 2017.
- Moon Willow Press recently signed on Donelle Dreese’s eco-mystery Cave Walker, to be published in April 2017. Read more here!
- Our tree-planting tally is up to 1,312 trees planted from proceeds from our 2016 Summer Reading Program as well as from donations by Stephen Collis and Michael Donoghue, who donated their honorariums from reading at the Eco-fiction stage at 2016’s Word Vancouver.
- Thanks to three of our authors who contributed to the Winds of Change anthology, and by request of university professors who are creating reading guides for climate change literature, these stories are now free to read at Eco-fiction’s Green Reads site: Rachel May’s The Audit, John Atcheson’s How Close to Savage the Soul, and Clara Hume’s The Midnight Moon.
- Ron Melchiore, author of our latest title, Off Grid and Free: My Path to the Wilderness, participated in the documentary Life Off Grid, which aired on BC’s Knowledge Network, and he is currently blogging at Mother Earth News.
- Thanks a ton to the folks at WritingForums.com for their interview.
- Get the great outdoors vibe with our running and hiking blog.
Moon Willow Press is a micro-publisher of eco-books and environmental literature news. We are committed to helping sustain forests while celebrating the written word. This means that we have environmental ethics and policies on using forest-certified or recycled paper, no allowance of returns, and printing on demand when possible.
As a publisher, MWP launched in 2010 and began publishing print titles in 2011. Located in Coquitlam, British Columbia, we publish fiction, non-fiction, and prose that explore nature themes; we used to publish a broader variety of books but since 2013 have been focusing on such topics as climate change, off-grid living, environmental essays, solarpunk, literary fiction, speculative fiction, science fiction, and other works with ecological themes.
First-time authors are given consideration, but please be sure to read the submission guidelines and sample book contract. Note that in the past we have published 4-5 titles per year, but beginning in 2016 are stepping up our Eco-fiction project and moving toward publishing only 1-2 titles per year.
Moon Willow Press is accepting submissions for 2018-2019. We are primarily looking for novel-length fiction and non-fiction dealing with climate change and nature writing. Poetry is a low consideration
We supplement book publishing with a project exploring climate change and nature themes found in literature at Eco-fiction.com. In 2016 we expanded this site with a new initiative, “Blowing Your Mind with Wild Words and Worlds,” with ongoing interviews, database-building, discovery of old and forgotten eco-themed books, and a new subsite that allows you to read samples of green books in order to realize eco-fiction’s diversity. Eco-fiction.com and its subsites are voluntarily run, aimed to raise awareness of environmental issues via literature.